Notices listed below are categorized by the Grandfathered or Non-Grandfathered Status of your Health Plan.
If your Plan is Grandfathered, the following Health Plan Notices are required henceforth:
2. Dependent to Age 26 Notice (Coverage for Adult Children);
If your Plan is Non-Grandfathered, the following Health Plan Notices are required henceforth:
1. 2-6 Notices listed above under "Grandfathered", plus;
Finally, all Plans-Grandfathered and Non-Grandfathered alike-must also provide the following ERISA Notices:
1. WHCRA Notice (Women's Health and Cancer Right ACT);
2. CHIPRA Notice (Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act);
3. HIPAA Notice (for self-insured plans) (Contact your agent for assistance);
4. Medicare Part D Notice; and
5. MHPA Notice (Mental Health Parity Act)
Grandfathered Plans will have 11 total Notice requirements under PPACA and ERISA.
Non-Grandfathered Plans will have 16 total Notice requirements under PPACA and ERISA.
Healthcare Reform Notices
Deliver by October 1, 2013
1) Exchange Notice Cover Letter
2) Exchange Notice
3) Final Legislative Update on Exchanges
Other Helpful Documents:
Women's Health and Cancer Right ACT Payroll Stuffers
Employer's Tax Guide to Fringe Benefits
Initial COBRA Model Notice (Updated for Healthcare Reform)
Qualifying Event COBRA Model Notice (Updated for Healthcare Reform)